Privacy, Security & Email
MySoftsoap.com is a website owned by Colgate-Palmolive Company and operated on our behalf by SureSource LLC dba BrandShop (this "Site"). All references to 'our', 'us', 'we' or 'company' within this privacy, security and email statement (this “privacy statement”) and within the opt-in notice below are deemed to refer to Colgate-Palmolive Company.
We endeavor to protect your personal privacy. We provide this privacy statement to help you to understand our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing information that we obtain from you in connection with this Site. By accessing this Site, you signify your acceptance of this privacy statement. If you do not agree to this privacy statement, please do not access the Site or provide your personal information to us. This privacy statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the Site in general. We will use your information for the purposes set out below. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, you should first contact our service provider SureSource LLC dba BrandShop at 20 Constitution Blvd South, Shelton, CT 06484 or by emailing Privacy@BrandShop.com.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time. We recommend that you regularly check this Site page to ensure that you have read the most recent version. Date last revised: November 2016.
2. What is Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. It does not include aggregated information that does not allow you to be identified, nor does it include business contact information such as your name, title, business address and business phone number.
3. Collecting Personal Information
You can decide what personal information you provide to us. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain circumstances, we will enable you to select how we will use this information (for example, by choosing to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers from MySoftsoap.com).
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the Site, design a custom product label on the Site; purchase products through the Site; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; request us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the Site or take advantage of a promotion. You have the opportunity to decide whether or not to receive communications from us at any point where we request information about you. By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this privacy statement.
When you submit personal information to us through the Site, you may be given an opportunity to opt in to receiving additional information from us, our affiliates and service provider, and/or selected third parties at the time of submitting your personal information to us. If you opt in, you may be added to our list of users who will receive promotional and marketing communications from us, our partners, and/or other third parties. If you initially opt in to receiving such communications and you later decide that you no longer want to receive them, you may opt out of receiving promotional and marketing communications from us and/or our partners and other third parties by emailing us at Privacy@BrandShop.com.
In common with many Sites, we use 'cookies' to help us gather information from visitors to our Site, as further described below.
- Traffic monitoring and data analytics, e.g.: the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Site, the date and time of your access to the Site, the pages you visit, the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the Site, and recognition of repeat visitors for statistical / analytical purposes;
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, e.g. to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked; and
- We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other personally identifiable information that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the Site by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales.
- To monitor your use of our Site(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously; and/or
- We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related Site information.
5. Use of Information
We may use information collected from you in the following ways:
- Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information in order to communicate with you about MySoftsoap.com's products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses. However, you will be able to choose whether or not to receive such communications when you first provide personal information to us. You will also have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you. You may also unsubscribe from such communications at any time (see "Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information" below).
- Marketing Analysis. We may use your information for marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to the Site. We may also share your non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you. We will only share identifiable personal information with third parties for marketing analysis with your consent.
- Transactional Purposes. We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or any of our agents, or for the fulfillment of such transactions (e.g. delivery). The personal information you provide may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill that order.
- Third Party Offers. We may arrange for carefully selected organizations to send you marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you. In such circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to these organizations that will agree to be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on use consistent with this privacy statement. We will obtain your permission before we send you any such communications.
- Public (or Interactive) Areas of the Site. Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of the Site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public (or interactive) areas of this Site.
- Sale and Transfer. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of the business associated with the Site, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Administration and Data Management. We may transfer your personal information to third parties under confidentiality obligations when the performance of any service in relation to the activities above is sub-contracted (e.g. the administration of a marketing campaign), including, but not limited to, our service provider Suresource, LLC dba Brandshop, the operator of this Site.
- Legal Purposes. We collect, use or disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
In addition to the uses identified above, from time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; however, we will not permit such service provider to collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- A person or entity, including our affiliates, to whom disclosure is required in order to fulfill one or more of the purposes described above under "Purposes for Collecting Information";
- A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorized or appointed legal agent of the subject individual; or
- Any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law. Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of use of this Site, which include this Privacy Statement, constitute the granting of consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We take security seriously and we take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place industry standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
8. Children Under 13
The Site is only intended for individuals who are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly encourage or solicit visitors to the Site who are under the age of 13 or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
9. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
At your request, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information.
If you have created an online account, you can review, access and change the personal information that we hold about you by logging in and updating your information. If you do not have access to an account please contact us at Privacy@BrandShop.com.
MySoftsoap.com may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have no control over these websites and this privacy statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced sites you enter.
11. Social Media Platforms
The Site may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with your social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media services. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your personal information on those services will be used. Your information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. You are encouraged to read all policies and information regarding the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information. By linking to or otherwise accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the information you provide on that service may be viewed and/or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
12. California Residents - Do Not Track Notice
13. California Residents - Disclosure to Third Parties
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” California residents who use this Website are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As indicated above, such sharing only takes place with your consent. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the contact address in the Introduction above. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
14. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may amend and update this privacy statement from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Site thereafter. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Your continued access of the Site following the posting of changes to this privacy statement constitutes your acceptance and agreement to the changes. If you object to any of the changes to this privacy statement, please stop accessing the Site. Please check this page frequently and review any changes to this privacy statement carefully so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
If you have any question or need help with your account, you may Contact Us to assist you.
Monday to Friday
8 AM to 6 PM